Stress. We all experience it on a daily basis, whether it is chemical, emotional, or physical but why do some people deal with it better than others and what can we do to help our bodies live with constant stress?
Sometimes stress is good when the increased blood pressure and adrenaline rush can help us win a race, excel at our job or save a life. Then our bodies relax, return to normal and we move on. Unfortunately, some people experience these physical feelings constantly in what’s known as chronic stress. This could be the difference between the person experiencing road rage in the street and the person who calmly drove away.
Some Signs of Chronic Stress Are:
- Headaches, muscle tension or pain on a consistent basis
- Chest pain or a rapid heart beat
- Fatigue and sleep problems
- Decrease or change in sex drive
- Stomach upset and change in eating habits
- Anxiety, sadness or depression, social withdrawal
- Restlessness or lack of focus
- Feeling overwhelmed, irritability or anger, with sudden anger outbursts
- Drug or alcohol abuse
- Exercising less often
Since a never-ending vacation isn’t an option for the majority of us, how can we effectively manage stress? The good news is that while we may not be able to control the stressors affecting our lives all the time, we can control what we do about them.
- Exercise: get moving, get fresh air, and meditate.
- Chiropractic/Acupuncture/Massage: the power of touch and healing has been proven to reduce symptoms of stress on the body, including anxiety and lowering blood pressure.
- Supplements: B vitamins, magnesium, calcium, and omega 3 all help reduce signs of stress in the body. Stress in the body manifests itself as inflammation.
- Avoid Sugar: Sugar = Inflammation = Stress = Diabetes or Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s or Cancer etc…
If you believe you are experiencing chronic stress in your life and/or have symptoms such as those mentioned above, talk to someone. It’s the little things that can accumulate into big things.
This is what you need to do now. Click here and sign up for our free report called “The 10 Keys to Increase Energy and Weight Loss.” If you are ready to take action and seek the help of a chiropractor, give us a call and make your new patient appointment. I look forward to seeing you and creating immense value for you. To read up on more health and wellness tips follow our blog here. If you enjoyed our blog like and share below!